Monday, April 21, 2008

Ultrasound on Friday, April 18 2008

Doesn't look much like a baby, but hey we're still young!
The circle is the yolk sac ('lunchbox for baby') and the 'blob' is the little embryo!!! She/he is upside down- the head is against the sac wall and the bum is up in the air.
Heart rate is 167 bpm (Normal heart rate at 6 weeks is around 90-110 beats per minute (bpm) and at 9 weeks is 140-170 bpm). We are measuring 7 weeks, 4 days--- almost exactly what the calendar says it should be.

After seeing a strong heartbeat, the chance of miscarrying goes down to 4%... so that makes me feel a lot better. Of course I still have 5 weeks to go until I am feeling 'secure'. For now I just have to keep the faith that we're going to be ok. :)

So far, so good!!!!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

the sweetest picture. i'm so, so very happy for you.

pregnancy